Humphrey Heritage Village
On the grounds of the Heritage Center complex is beautiful Humphrey Heritage Village, a living history village featuring four historically significant buildings.
1893 U.S. Land Office
This is the only remaining Land Office from the 1893 land run. There were four land offices: Enid, Alva, Perry, and Woodward. This building was originally located on the East side of the Enid city square. Twenty-one thousand homestead claims were filed at this office.
1896 Turkey Creek School
This one-room school served the students of the Imo area from 1896 until 1947. The school is restored to its original appearance and equipped as it would have been in 1910, and is used as a Living History Classroom for elementary students.
The first Episcopal Church in Enid originally built in 1902 for the congregation of St. Matthew’s Episcopal Church. Reverend Francis Key Brooke came to Enid in the run. His first sermon was preached to some sixty people from the back of a wagon on the east side of the square. Today this church is used for programs, weddings, and lunches.